How to buy Ciprofloxacin online
Ciprofloxacin 500mg is prescription only medicine.
To buy Ciprofloxacin online you will need to complete an online consultation before you can make an order.
Once completed patients choose treatment, register details, and pay online. A doctor will review your order and issue the prescription electronically to our pharmacy. Medicine is then delivered direct to you.
|Ciprofloxacin 500mg||6 tablets (3 day course)||£11.50|
Dr Fox supplies medicine on prescription and charges a small prescription fee based on the order value of each prescription.
Prescriptions are issued by our doctors online and sent electronically to our pharmacy.
If you have your own private or NHS paper prescription please post to our pharmacy (details).
Dr Fox prices are 25%–50% lower than other UK online clinics.
|Order value||Prescription fee|
|up to £10||£1.00|
|up to £20||£2.00|
|up to £40||£3.00|
UK delivery only: £2.90 per consultation via Royal Mail 24 Signed For (1-3 working days with tracking).
Parcel forwarding services are not permitted. Use only UK home or work delivery address.
Returns and refunds - unwanted items can be returned within 14 working days for a full refund.
Self-treatment is suitable for travellers:
- to remote rural areas distant from medical help.
- with pre-existing bowel problems such as inflammatory bowel disease where infection may trigger a relapse.
- with pre-existing medical conditions which may be worsened by severe infection or dehydration, i.e. poorly controlled diabetes, renal impairment etc.
- with a tendency to severe travellers’ diarrhoea (on the basis of previous travel experience).
Ciprofloxacin is effective in reducing the symptoms of travellers' diarrhoea, particularly if taken with Loperamide. The symptoms should improve within 24 hours of starting antibiotic.
In addition the anti-sickness tablet Avomine can be taken to reduce fluid loss and discomfort.
Choosing the right antibiotic
Ciprofloxacin is the preferred antibiotic to treat traveller's diarrhoea in all regions of the developing world except South Asia (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka) and SE Asia (Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Burma, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines) where Azithromycin is the preferred antibiotic.
Ciprofloxacin and antacids and food
Do not eat or drink any dairy products (such as milk or yoghurt) or drinks with added calcium when you take the tablets.
If antacids, mineral supplements, supplements containing calcium, magnesium, aluminium or iron are essential, take tablets about two hours before or no sooner than four hours after them.
Take twice daily for 3 days; avoid taking with high calcium foods, such as dairy and some antacids. Take the first dose as soon as diarrhoea starts, NOT before. Ciprofloxacin is not a preventative.
Symptoms should start to improve within 24 hours of starting antibiotic. Medical advice should be sought if symptoms are not improving or are worsening, or if any of the following occur:
- Profuse diarrhoea and vomiting lead to dehydration
- Blood and green or yellow slime in the motions with severe abdominal pains
- Diarrhoea associated with rashes
- High fever and headache with diarrhoea (particularly in malaria areas)
- The anti-diarrhoeal Loperamide and anti-sickness tablets also reduce symptoms
- Try to get plenty of rest
- Drink plenty of fluids, even if vomiting (at least 3-4 litres/day)
- Continue to eat simple foods such as rice and dried bread, appetite permitting
- Pay attention to personal hygiene, to prevent spread
Side effects and cautions
There may be no side effects. Potential side effects include flatulence, flushing, headache, rash, dizziness, vivid dreams and muscle and joint pains. May impair skilled task such as driving, effects enhanced by alcohol.
Stop taking ciprofloxacin if there is a rash, confusion, agitation, hallucination or pains in tendons. Not suitable for pregnant and breastfeeding women and those with seizures and epilepsy.
To combat antibiotic resistance please:
- Only use antibiotics when needed
- Never share antibiotics
- Always complete course as instructed
- Take unused medicine to local pharmacy for disposal
Authored 22 March 2010 by Dr Tony Steele, MB ChB
Reviewed 08 December 2016 by Dr B. Babor, MB ChB
Last updated 20 September 2018
Arrived next day. Works as described :)
Really pleased with service Travel regularly and need medication to take with us. Much more efficient use of time than waiting weeks to go through gp for exactly the same thing.
Pleased with my order.
The order process
Answer short medical questionnaire
Choose treatment, register, and pay
Doctor issues prescription online
Medicine posted direct from pharmacy