Melt in the mouth Kwells tablets (hyoscine 0.3mg) work fast to prevent travel sickness. Available to buy online from Dr Fox.Start order
|Travel sickness tablets||Quantity||Cost|
|Kwells 0.3mg hyoscine||12 tablets||£6.90|
|Kwells 0.3mg hyoscine||24 tablets||£9.60|
|Kwells 0.3mg hyoscine||36 tablets||£13.40|
Dr Fox supplies medicine on prescription and charges a small prescription fee based on the order value of each prescription.
Prescriptions are issued by our doctors online and sent electronically to our pharmacy.
|Order value||Prescription fee|
|up to £10||£1.00|
|up to £20||£2.00|
|up to £40||£3.00|
If you have your own private paper prescription please post to our pharmacy (details).
Dr Fox prices are 25%–50% lower than other UK online clinics.
UK delivery only: £2.90 per consultation via Royal Mail 24 Signed For (1-3 working days with tracking).
Parcel forwarding services are not permitted. Use only UK home or work delivery address.
Returns and refunds - unwanted items can be returned within 14 working days for a full refund.
Kwells tablets are for the prevention of travel sickness. Kwells tablets can be taken up to 20-30 minutes before travelling to prevent travel sickness, or at the onset of nausea.
Tablets may be sucked, chewed, or swallowed. Adults should take 1 tablet every 6 hours, as required. Do not take more than 3 times in 24 hours. Elderly patients should consult their regular doctor before taking Kwells tablets.
Separate dosage instructions for children over 10 years (Dr Fox does not supply treatment for under 18s).
As with any medicine, there are potential side effects. The most commonly reported side effect is a dryness of the mouth, although this does not last long.
If you experience a dry mouth as a side effect of this medicine you may find that medicines that are designed to dissolve and be absorbed from under the tongue, eg sublingual glyceryl trinitrate (GTN) tablets, become less effective. This is because the tablets do not dissolve properly in a dry mouth. To resolve this, drink a mouthful of water before taking sublingual tablets.
Other possible side effects include:
- Blurred vision or other visual disturbance.
- Changes in size of pupils.
- Decreased sweating.
Do not take if suffering from:
- Paralytic ileus (intestinal nerves/muscles impairing digestive movement).
- Pyloric stenosis (narrowing of passage between stomach and small bowel).
- Myasthenia gravis (rare long-term autoimmune condition).
- Enlarged prostate gland.
- Allergic to hyoscine hydrobromide.
Kwells tablets may make you feel sleepy. If this happens do not drive or use tools or machines. Do not drink alcohol.
Do not take Kwells tablets if you are pregnant or breastfeeding unless recommended by your doctor.
Before taking Kwells tablets, you should see your doctor if you:
- Are over 60 years of age.
- Are under medical care, especially for heart, metabolic, gastrointestinal, kidney conditions, or bladder obstruction.
- Have ulcerative colitis or a known bowel obstruction.
- Have diarrhoea or fever.
- Have Down's Syndrome.
- Suffer from seizure or fits.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have ever had glaucoma.
- If you have reacted to hyoscine or other anti-sickness medications in the past.
Do not take Kwells if you are taking any of the following medicines, unless advised by your doctor:
- Amantadine (an antiviral).
- Linezolid (an antibiotic - used very rarely).
- Domperidone and metoclopramide (for nausea and vomiting).
- Sublingual nitrates (for angina).
Patient Information Leaflet
The Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) is the leaflet included in the pack with a medicine and must be read before taking the medicine. It is written for patients and gives information about taking or using a medicine.
- Bayer, 2020, Kwells 300 microgram tablets: Summary of Product Characteristics, accessed 21 July 2021
- BNF/NICE, 2017, HYOSCINE HYDROBROMIDE, accessed 21 July 2021
The order process
Answer short medical questionnaire
Choose medication, register, and pay
Doctor issues prescription online
Pharmacy team post medication direct