How to buy Azithromycin online
Azithromycin 250mg is prescription only medicine.
To buy Azithromycin online you will need to complete an online consultation before you can make an order.
Once completed patients choose treatment, register details, and pay online. A doctor will review your order and issue the prescription electronically to our pharmacy. Medicine is then delivered direct to you.
|Azithromycin 250mg||4 tablets (1 course)||£14.70|
Dr Fox charges a small prescription fee per order.
Dr Fox supplies medicine on prescription and charges a small prescription fee based on the order value of each prescription.
Prescriptions are issued by our doctors online and sent electronically to our pharmacy.
If you have your own private or NHS paper prescription please post to our pharmacy (details).
Dr Fox prices are 25%–50% lower than other UK online clinics.
|Order value||Prescription fee|
|up to £10||£1.00|
|up to £20||£2.00|
|up to £50||£4.00|
|up to £100||£5.00|
UK delivery only: £2.90 per consultation via Royal Mail 24 Signed For (1-3 working days with tracking).
Parcel forwarding services are not permitted. Use only UK home or work delivery address.
Returns and refunds - unwanted items can be returned within 14 working days for a full refund.
Self-treatment is suitable for travellers:
- to remote rural areas distant from medical help.
- with pre-existing bowel problems such as inflammatory bowel disease where infection may trigger a relapse.
- with pre-existing medical conditions which may be worsened by severe infection or dehydration, i.e. poorly controlled diabetes, renal impairment etc.
- with a tendency to severe travellers’ diarrhoea (on the basis of previous travel experience).
Azithromycin is effective in reducing the symptoms of travellers' diarrhoea, particularly if taken with Loperamide. The symptoms of traveller's diarrhoea should improve within 24 hours of starting antibiotic.
In addition the anti-sickness tablet Avomine can be taken to reduce fluid loss and discomfort.
Choosing the right antibiotic
Azithromycin is the preferred antibiotic to treat travellers' diarrhoea in South Asia (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka) or SE Asia (Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Burma, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines). In other parts of the world ciprofloxacin is the preferred antibiotic.
Treatment with Azithromycin is a single dose of 4 tablets taken together at one time. Take the dose as soon as you get diarrhoea, not before. It is not a preventative.
If there are any side effects the most common are stomach upset, nausea and diarrhoea. For details see the patient information leaflet supplied with the tablets.
Symptoms should start to improve within 24 hours of starting azithromycin. Medical advice should be sought if symptoms are not improving, or are worsening, or if any of the following occur:
- Profuse diarrhoea and vomiting lead to dehydration
- Blood and green or yellow slime in the motions with severe abdominal pains
- Diarrhoea associated with rashes
- High fever and headache with diarrhoea (particularly in malaria areas)
- The anti-diarrhoeal Loperamide and anti-sickness tablets also reduce symptoms.
- Try to get plenty of rest
- Drink plenty of fluids, even if vomiting (at least 3-4 litres/day)
- Continue to eat simple foods such as rice and dried bread, appetite permitting
- Pay attention to personal hygiene, to prevent spread
To combat antibiotic resistance please:
- Only use antibiotics when needed
- Never share antibiotics
- Always complete course as instructed
- Take unused medicine to local pharmacy for disposal
Authored 22 March 2010 by Dr Tony Steele, MB ChB
Reviewed 08 December 2016 by Dr B. Babor, MB ChB
Last updated 20 September 2018
The order process
Answer short medical questionnaire
Choose treatment, register, and pay
Doctor issues prescription online
Medicine posted direct from pharmacy
“100 legit if anyone has there doubts Very fast delivery as well. Will be ordering again soon :)”09 Oct 2018 – Anonymous
“Always excellent”09 Oct 2018 – Russell W., Leeds
“Fast and simple”09 Oct 2018 – Anonymous
“Excellent service and communication.”09 Oct 2018 – Anonymous
“Brilliant service everything easy and straight forward. Will buy again.”09 Oct 2018 – David B., Rochdale
“The delivery of the product was super fast as expected. The online consulting was great too. The product was great with no side effect. Thanks Highly recommend....”09 Oct 2018 – Anish S., Aldreshot
“Excellent service”09 Oct 2018 – terry w., wigan
“what can I say .delivery excellent quick replies.. and good value..”09 Oct 2018 – Pauline O., Bishop Auckland
“As with all my other orders they arrived within the time stated”09 Oct 2018 – roger h., rayleigh