How to buy Azithromycin online
Azithromycin 250mg is prescription only medicine.
To buy Azithromycin online you will need to complete an online consultation before you can make an order.
Once completed patients choose treatment, register details, and pay online. A doctor will review your order and issue the prescription electronically to our pharmacy. Medicine is then delivered direct to you.
|Azithromycin 250mg||4 tablets (1 course)||£14.70|
Dr Fox charges a small prescription fee per order.
Dr Fox supplies medicine on prescription and charges a small prescription fee based on the order value of each prescription.
Prescriptions are issued by our doctors online and sent electronically to our pharmacy.
If you have your own private or NHS paper prescription please post to our pharmacy (details).
Dr Fox prices are 25%–50% lower than other UK online clinics.
|Order value||Prescription fee|
|up to £10||£1.00|
|up to £20||£2.00|
|up to £40||£3.00|
UK delivery only: £2.90 per consultation via Royal Mail 24 Signed For (1-3 working days with tracking).
Parcel forwarding services are not permitted. Use only UK home or work delivery address.
Returns and refunds - unwanted items can be returned within 14 working days for a full refund.
Travellers most likely to benefit from antibiotics:
- Going to remote rural areas distant from medical help.
- With pre-existing bowel problems such as inflammatory bowel disease where infection may trigger a relapse e.g. ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, coeliac disease, and previous bowel surgery.
- with pre-existing medical conditions which may be worsened by severe infection or dehydration, e.g. poorly controlled diabetes, renal impairment, heart failure, HIV, and reduced immunity.
- With a tendency to severe travellers' diarrhoea (on the basis of previous travel experience) or taking immunosuppressive treatment.
Azithromycin is effective in reducing the symptoms of travellers' diarrhoea, particularly if taken with Loperamide. The symptoms of traveller's diarrhoea should improve within 24 hours of starting antibiotic.
In addition the anti-sickness tablet Avomine can be taken to reduce fluid loss and discomfort. Avomine should not be taken at the same time as azithromycin.
Treatment with Azithromycin is a single dose of 4 tablets taken together at one time. Take the dose as soon as you get diarrhoea, not before. It is not a preventative.
If there are any side effects the most common are stomach upset, nausea and diarrhoea. For details see the patient information leaflet supplied with the tablets.
Symptoms should start to improve within 24 hours of starting azithromycin. Medical advice should be sought if symptoms are not improving after 2 or 3 days, or are worsening, or if any of the following occur:
- Profuse diarrhoea and vomiting lead to dehydration
- Blood and green or yellow slime in the motions with severe abdominal pains
- Diarrhoea associated with rashes
- High fever and headache with diarrhoea (particularly in malaria areas)
- The antidiarrhoeal Loperamide and anti-sickness tablets also reduce symptoms.
- Try to get plenty of rest
- Drink plenty of fluids, even if vomiting (at least 3-4 litres/day)
- Continue to eat simple foods such as rice and dried bread, appetite permitting
- Pay attention to personal hygiene, to prevent spread
To combat antibiotic resistance please:
- Only use antibiotics when needed
- Never share antibiotics
- Always complete course as instructed
- Take unused medicine to local pharmacy for disposal
Authored 22 March 2010 by Dr Tony Steele, MB ChB
Reviewed 08 December 2016 by Dr B. Babor, MB ChB
Last updated 18 June 2019
The order process
Answer short medical questionnaire
Choose treatment, register, and pay
Doctor issues prescription online
Medicine posted direct from pharmacy
“Great service, thanks”14 June 2019 – Anonymous
“just as good as last time”14 June 2019 – Chopper B., Great Yarmouth
“All good , no problems , delivered in good time , prices excellent, overall ordering process easy to use thanks”14 June 2019 – Anonymous
“Great service”13 June 2019 – Anonymous
“First time user of the site I was impressed with how thorough they were and how quick the delivery was.”13 June 2019 – Anonymous
“Excellent service”13 June 2019 – Anonymous
“Very good”13 June 2019 – Anonymous
“Haven't tried the product yet but the postage and customer service has been excellent”13 June 2019 – Anonymous
“Fantastic service. An very discreet. Definitely recommend”13 June 2019 – Anonymous
“This was my first order, so I had to complete an online form which was straightforward. The order arrived on time and was well packed. No complaints. Thanks Dr Fox”13 June 2019 – Paul N., London