Dr Tony Steele
Medical Director, GMC no. 2825328
Dr Tony Steele is one of the founders of the Dr Fox service, which he started with co-director Daniel Broughton in 2010. He completed his Medical Degree (MB ChB) at Sheffield University in 1983.
Dr Steele worked in hospitals in Sheffield followed by hospital and General Practice work in Australia, including anaesthetics and critical care. He was then a Medical Director for refugee health in Northern Thailand working for Save the Children Fund and the UNHCR. On returning to the UK he undertook Joint Committee on Postgraduate Training for General Practice (JCPTGP), completed in 1993. Dr Steele was a GP partner in a practice on the outskirts of Bristol for 8 years.
Dr Steele is an active member of the Digital Healthcare Council and is on the steering group of the Digital Clinical Excellence (DiCE) forum - a network of digital healthcare providers, who come together under the auspices of the National Association of Primary Care to support clinical improvement and excellence in digital healthcare. Dr Steele also participates in Care Quality Commission group meetings with online healthcare providers.
In the media
- The £3 morning-after pill and emergency contraceptive myths – BBC Newsbeat
- High streets accused of overcharging for morning after pill after online pharmacist sells it for £3 – The Telegraph
- The doctor won't see you now: online consulting and prescribing – British Medical Journal
- British patients click online to see doctor – The Washington Times
- Online medicines the ethical way – GP magazine, Medeconomics
- On medication? A minor tummy upset can put you in peril – Daily Mail Online