Hay fever nasal sprays
Antihistamine and steroid nasal sprays for hay fever relief available to buy online from Dr Fox Pharmacy. Can be combined with eye drops and antihistamine tablets.Start order
|Hay fever nasal spray||Quantity||Cost|
|Beconase Aqueous nasal spray (beclometasone dipropionate)||1 x 22gm spray, 200 doses||£6.40|
|Beconase Aqueous nasal spray (beclometasone dipropionate)||2 x 22gm spray, each 200 doses||£10.80|
|Beconase Aqueous nasal spray (beclometasone dipropionate)||3 x 22gm spray, each 200 doses||£13.20|
|Dymista nasal spray (azelastine and fluticasone)||One bottle (23gm)||£22.00|
|Dymista nasal spray (azelastine and fluticasone)||Two bottles (23gm x 2)||£39.60|
|Avamys nasal spray (fluticasone)||1 spray 120 doses||£13.10|
|Avamys nasal spray (fluticasone)||2 sprays each 120 doses||£19.80|
|Avamys nasal spray (fluticasone)||3 sprays each 120 doses||£29.20|
|Rhinolast nasal spray (azelastine 0.1%)||1 x 22ml spray||£14.40|
|Rhinolast nasal spray (azelastine 0.1%)||2 x 22ml spray||£24.80|
|Rhinolast nasal spray (azelastine 0.1%)||3 x 22ml spray||£36.20|
Dr Fox supplies medicine on prescription and charges a small prescription fee based on the order value of each prescription.
Prescriptions are issued by our doctors online and sent electronically to our pharmacy.
|Order value||Prescription fee|
|up to £10||£1.00|
|up to £20||£2.00|
|up to £40||£3.00|
If you have your own private paper prescription please post to our pharmacy (details).
Dr Fox prices are 25%–50% lower than other UK online clinics.
UK delivery only: £2.90 per consultation via Royal Mail 24 Signed For (1-3 working days with tracking).
Parcel forwarding services are not permitted. Use only UK home or work delivery address.
Returns and refunds - unwanted items can be returned within 14 working days for a full refund.
About nasal sprays for hay fever
Nasal sprays are used on their own or combined with tablets and eye drops. They control sneezing and runny nose. Very little active drug is absorbed into the body.
There are three types of nasal sprays for which we carry out consultations:
- Steroid nasal spray: Avamys and Beconase, need to be used for a few days before they start to work. They are for continuous daily use through the hay fever season. Maximum use 12 weeks. NOT to be used at the same time as Dymista nasal spray. An antihistamine tablet can be combined with a steroid nasal spray, if the nasal spray alone is not completely effective.
- Antihistamine nasal spray: Rhinolast, works within hours and can be used on an as needed basis. Maximum use 12 weeks. NOT to be used at the same time as Dymista nasal spray.
- Dymista: Nasal spray which combines an antihistamine and a steroid in one spray. It has a dual antihistamine action and steroid action. It is more convenient and likely to be more effective than a steroid or an antihistamine spray on its own. Dymista should NOT be used at the same time as other hay fever nasal sprays.
Combining a steroid nasal spray with an antihistamine spray is usually more effective than either one alone.
How to use a nasal spray
Specific instructions on how to use nasal sprays are included in patient leaflets supplied with sprays. See also video from AsthmaUK - how to use a nasal spray.
1. Remove dust cap which protects the nozzle and keeps it clean
2. For first use or if you have not used the spray for a few days, shake the bottle and press the pump until you get a fine spray.
3. Blow your nose gently before using. Close one nostril & put nozzle in the other nostril. Tilt head forward slightly & keep bottle upright. Breathe in slowly & squirt a spray into nostril.
4. Remove the nozzle from this nostril and breathe out through your mouth.
5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 for the other nostril.
6. To clean the spray - take off dust cap, and also nozzle if possible, and wash in warm water.
Patient Information Leaflets
The Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) is the leaflet included in the pack with a medicine and must be read before taking the medicine. It is written for patients and gives information about taking or using a medicine.
- GlaxoSmithKline, 2019, Beconase Aqueous Nasal Spray: Summary of Product Characteristics, accessed 11 November 2020
- GlaxoSmithKline, 2020, Avamys: Summary of Product Characteristics, accessed 11 November 2020
- Mylan, 2018, Rhinolast: Summary of Product Characteristics, accessed 11 November 2020
- Mylan, 2019, Dymista: Summary of Product Characteristics, accessed 11 November 2020
great service,fast delivery. have been using Dr Fox for sometime and have never had a problem.would recomend.
M. Dempster Verified
Dymista has changed my life during the hay fever period! No more blocked membranes, incessant streaming nose, super-inflamed itchy red eyes, itchy ears, throat or skin, no more occasional wheezing. I'm no longer miserable or wanting to rip my head off! I have tried numerous prescribed sprays, antihistamine tablets and eye drops over the years with very little relief. This works for me and I'm so grateful!
A. Netherton Verified
Used to use beconase but I think this does a better job.
Excellent, has really helped .
S. Hunter Verified
Sorted post nasal drip, reduced nasal polyp size significantly. Would strongly recommend.
C. Markillie Verified
The order process
Answer short medical questionnaire
Choose medication, register, and pay
Doctor issues prescription online
Pharmacy team post medication direct