How to buy online
- Read medical information about azithromycin for chlamydia
- Answer medical questions to check for eligibility
- Reviewed by doctors - posted from UK pharmacy
|Azithromycin 250mg||4 tablets (taken as a single dose)||£14.70|
Dr Fox supplies medicine on prescription and charges a small prescription fee based on the order value of each prescription.
Prescriptions are issued by our doctors online and sent electronically to our pharmacy.
If you have your own private or NHS paper prescription please post to our pharmacy (details).
Dr Fox prices are 25%–50% lower than other UK online clinics.
|Order value||Prescription fee|
|up to £10||£1.00|
|up to £20||£3.00|
|up to £50||£5.00|
|up to £100||£8.00|
|Chlamydia antibiotic||Dr Fox*||Lloyds Pharmacy||Superdrug||Health Express||Med Express||Oxford Online Pharmacy|
|Azithromycin (1000mg dose)||£14.70||£34.95||£27.50||£49.95||£24.99||£33.94**|
Azithromycin for chlamydia
For background information about chlamydia please see chlamydia information page.
- Avoid any sexual contact for 7 days after taking Azithromycin, until no longer infectious.
- People with a positive chlamydia test and their sexual partners should be treated at the same time if possible.
- Chlamydia tests take 6 weeks to go negative after chlamydia has been successfully treated.
Alternative antibiotic for chlamydia
Chlamydia can also be treated with a week long course of an alternative antibiotic doxycycline.
Doxycycline is an equally effective treatment and is suitable for people with allergy to azithromycin.
Azithromycin side effects
Serious side effects are unusual, the most common are stomach upset, nausea and diarrhoea.
For details about azithromycin see the patient information leaflet supplied with the tablets.
In the unlikely event that vomiting occurs within an hour of taking azithromycin the treatment should be repeated.
To combat antibiotic resistance please:
- Only use antibiotics when needed
- Never share antibiotics
- Always complete course as instructed
- Take unused medicine to local pharmacy for disposal
Dr Fox supplies azithromycin on prescription – you are required to answer a short medical questionnaire before your order can be completed.
Authored 23 March 2010 by Dr Tony Steele, MB ChB
Reviewed 28 November 2016 by Dr B. Babor, MB ChB
Last updated 3 March 2018
The order process
Answer short medical questionnaire
Choose treatment, register, and pay
Doctor issues prescription online
Medicine posted direct from pharmacy
Just the job!
Easy to use with fast and effective results.
Sorted problem no trouble was amazed how quickly
Got rid of my sti so yes it does the job