Regaine Extra Strength
Stop and reverse hair loss in men with Regaine Extra Strength (minoxidil 5%) scalp application. Available to buy online from Dr Fox.
- Restores hair growth
- Foam or solution applied to scalp
- In clinical trials, 9 out of 10 men regrew or stopped losing hair
Buy Regaine online in UK
How to order Regaine online for UK delivery:
- Read medical information about hair loss treatment
- Answer medical questions to check for eligibility
- Reviewed by doctors - posted from UK pharmacy (tracked 24hr service)
New lower cost generic Regaine is now available - Sons minoxidil 5% solution.
Regaine/minoxidil 5% cannot be posted outside mainland UK. Both solution and foam are restricted postal items. Please do not order if you are outside mainland UK. UK mainland deliveries are sent using APC couriers.
|Regaine Extra Strength||Cost||Quantity|
|Regaine Foam Extra strength 5% minoxidil||73mls (one month)||£29.50|
|Regaine Foam Extra strength 5% minoxidil||73mls x 3 (three months)||£66.00|
|Regaine Foam Extra strength 5% minoxidil||73mls x 6 (six months)||£122.00|
|Regaine Extra strength solution 5% minoxidil||60mls (one month)||£29.00|
|Regaine Extra strength solution 5% minoxidil||60mls x 3 (three months)||£64.00|
|Regaine Extra strength solution 5% minoxidil||60mls x 6 (six months)||£118.00|
|Sons minoxidil 5% solution||60mls (one month)||£19.95|
|Sons minoxidil 5% solution||60mls x 3 (three months)||£48.75|
|Sons minoxidil 5% solution||60mls x 6 (six months)||£89.90|
Prescription issued online - small prescription fee per order.
Dr Fox supplies medicine on prescription and charges a small prescription fee based on the order value of each prescription.
Prescriptions are issued by our doctors online and sent electronically to our pharmacy.
|Order value||Prescription fee|
|up to £10||£1.00|
|up to £20||£2.00|
|up to £40||£3.00|
If you have your own private paper prescription please post to our pharmacy (details).
Dr Fox prices are 25%–50% lower than other UK online clinics.
UK delivery only: £2.90 per consultation via Royal Mail Tracked 24 Signed For (1-2 working days with tracking).
Parcel forwarding services are not permitted. Use only UK home or work delivery address.
Returns and refunds - unwanted items can be returned within 14 working days for a full refund.
About Regaine Extra Strength
- Regaine is a topical skin treatment applied to the scalp (hair roots) twice daily.
- Regaine Extra Strength (5% minoxidil) is available as a foam or scalp solution and is for men only.
- Men can use both Propecia / finasteride 1mg tablets and Regaine on the scalp at the same time.
Regaine foam is not licensed for use in men over 49 years, but Regaine solution is licensed for men up to 65 years. In practice men up to 65 years and even beyond this age can use either one.
How effective is Regaine?
Regaine Extra Strength works for 9 out of 10 men in preventing further hair loss and it leads to hair regrowth in 4 out of 5 men. Results may become noticeable in just eight weeks. When Regaine is first started there may be a temporary increase in hair loss for the first 2-6 weeks. This is entirely normal and is good news - it shows hair is shifting from a dormant phase into an active growing phase.
How Regaine works
Regaine topical brings about hair regrowth by stimulating blood circulation to the scalp. Regaine needs to be applied regularly for at least three months for it to be effective. Regaine is safe for long term use. If Regaine is stopped, hair growth which took place during treatment will be lost within 3-4 months.
With Regaine, hair becomes fuller and thicker. In user surveys 90% reported a slowing or stopping of hair loss.
Side effects and cautions
- You may notice a temporary increase in hair loss in the first 2-6 weeks. This is entirely normal.
- Regaine occasionally causes skin irritation that usually resolves when the treatment is stopped.
- Very little of the active ingredient, minoxidil, is absorbed into the circulation and therefore general side effects are not expected. You should stop using Regaine and see a doctor if you develop faintness or dizziness, you have signs of low blood pressure, or if you experience chest pain, rapid heartbeat, sudden unexplained weight gain, swollen hands or feet, or persistent redness.
- People with known heart disease or raised blood pressure even if treated, should contact their regular doctor before using Regaine Extra Strength for men.
- Very occasionally Regaine may cause unwanted hair growth in areas where it is applied regularly by accident. Always wash your hands thoroughly after applying and follow instructions about use.
- Regaine Extra Strength should not be used by women.
- Regaine should not be used for hair loss from other causes e.g. chemotherapy, head shaving, total alopecia (loss of hair over entire body).
- Do not use if your scalp is inflamed or you have another skin condition.
- Do not use if also using any other scalp creams, ointments, or lotions.
- Do not use under dressings or bandages.
- Do NOT apply more than the recommended dose - this will not improve the effectiveness but risks absorption with an increased risk of side effects.
- Regaine must be kept away from children as swallowing it could lead to serious heart toxicity.
Regaine foam and solution are both flammable liquids.
Video: How Minoxidil helps reverse hair loss
Video from Johnson & Johnson Limited.
What else could I use?
Patient Information Leaflet
The Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) is the leaflet included in the pack with a medicine and must be read before taking the medicine. It is written for patients and gives information about taking or using a medicine.
- McNeil Products, 2020, Regaine for Men Extra Strength Scalp Solution: Summary of Product Characteristics, accessed 09 December 2020
- BNF/NICE, 2017, Minoxodil, accessed 09 December 2020
Recent Regaine reviews
Works spot on
S. Finney Verified
At the end of the day I've tried the lot. It used to work in my twenties, now in my thirties it is beyond repair, this is because you have to take this medication every day for the rest of your life to prevent hair loss. If only I knew that when I first saw the signs. Anyway I opted to just shave my head and get used to it. What helped me was some minor tattooing of the scalp to blend in with my short hair now, confidence is back, now I don't even worry about my hair, when it used to actually affect me so much to the point of crying and not going out in public without a hat on. If you are young and you see hair falling out, start this now and use forever; it will prevent hair loss. If your hair has gone, don't expect it to magically grow back new hairs, doesn't work that way.
C. Garner-Jones Verified
Not sure if its the Finasteride or the Regaine and I know for some it doesn't, but for me it has definitely worked, I no longer have a solar panel on top! A friend was making a joke the other day and she started to say something about balding men... stopped and said 'oh actually you arnt... sent her the link to these for her husband! Only thing is to realise you will not see any change for at least a couple of months, I think it was about 3 for me.
T. Read Verified
Really disappointed to find out after a month that other suppliers are significantly cheaper
The order process
Choose medication, register, and pay
Dr Fox issues prescription online
Pharmacy team post medication direct